- 7 oz uncooked elbow macaroni (2 cups) – I use GF macaroni
- 10 oz pkg frozen petite peas
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese (about 4 oz) – if you are lactose sensitive, try Manchego cheese…not the same flavor, but still yummy and easy on the tummy!
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 6 hard-boiled eggs; 2 sliced (for garnish) and 4 chopped
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise (or homemade, if you prefer)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tblsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook macaroni per package instructions.
While macaroni is cooking, mix Dressing ingredients together in small bowl (or a 2-cup measuring cup works fine also).
Drain cooked macaroni and put into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients (except sliced eggs, reserved for garnish) and dressing. Fold together gently until evenly mixed.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
If it is on the dry side after refrigeration, add more mayo and/or pickle juice and fold together gently until incorporated.
Garnish with sliced eggs and pepper before serving.